What tends to happen if we aren’t actively living a healthy aging lifestyle is that we start getting wrinkles sooner, we get tired faster and easier, and maintaining the flexibility and strength of a 20-something requires more conscious effort.
Pharmaceuticals and beauty products can help slow down some of the signs of aging, such as heart disease and wrinkles.
But, like many common conventional treatments, they fall short or create a whole slew of other issues or side effects.
After taking care of my father into his 90’s, and studying and working as a naturopathic doctor for several years, I have made a mission of understanding the herbs, dietary supplements, and other treatments that can help you maintain as healthy a lifestyle as possible well into later life.
How Can Naturopathic Medicine Help?
In my experience, the combination of supplements, herbs, acupuncture, exercise, and holistic nutrition can help with all of the following:
- Maintain a healthy body, inside and out, so that you can continue doing everything you enjoy doing
- Reduce the amount of medication you are required to take for certain conditions (e.g., high cholesterol, high blood pressure)
- Preserve the health of your brain (memory and cognition)
- Improve bone density to avoid fractures
- Reduce or eliminate the symptoms of menopause or andropause